Your cover letter for security guard position is probably the contact between you and your prospective employer which is why it should be written wisely. A good cover letter is creative and engaging and compels the reader to continue reading it till the last line – and take a favourable action afterwards.
• Learn about the prospective company and mention your knowledge about them. This will reflect your interest and motivation to work for a specific employer.
• Convince the reader that you are the ideal candidate for the position by showcasing your relevant attributes and professional accomplishments.
• Customize your letter as per needs of prospective employer. It will make your cover letter more effective.
218 Fiery Ave • Houston, TX 39882 • (003) 444-3333 • travis @ email . com
May 11, 2016
Mr. David Morrison
Swift Security Inc
85 Avalon Lane
Houston, TX 39882
Dear Mr. Morrison:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I am applying for a Security Guard position at Swift Security Inc. The blend of my experiences and competencies perfectly complements your job description. I would appreciate your careful consideration of my qualifications.
My core qualifications include:
• Highly vigilant and cautious security professional with 5+ year’ hands-on experience in patrolling, detecting and preventing intrusion and providing protection to life and property.
• Competent at CCTV monitoring, recording and troubleshooting.
• Well versed in operating and undertaking periodic testing of security equipment and fire alarms.
• Expert in safety and crisis management.
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my expertise in detail. I will call your office by the end of this week to schedule an interview. In the meantime, if you have any queries regarding my qualifications, please feel free to contact me at (003) 444-3333.
Thank you for your time and consideration.